Find a community that brings your experience full circle Your 360 Connection
With more than 7,000 classmates, it can be a little overwhelming trying to find a unique group on campus that helps bring your UT experience full circle. That's why UT Austin has developed Your 360 Connection — a unique full circle experience that's just for you.
Beginning this fall, you will have the opportunity to participate in a 360 Connection — a small, intimate group of freshmen who meet regularly to help bring your UT experience full circle. During your involvement, you will learn about academic integrity, leadership, UT's spirit and traditions, and more. Connections with your peers will begin after orientation, so your community building can begin before you arrive in the fall.
By participating in a 360 Connection, you will immediately find a community of support, guidance, mentorship and friendship. Some of you will be placed into a community, whether it's because you are enrolled in a FIG, or because you are a member of an honors or success program. For those of you who have not been placed prior to June 1, we will work with you during orientation to find your unique connection.
Explore Your Connections
There are a lot of academically-focused 360 Connections available your first year on campus, and by June, some students will already be assigned to a community. For other students, your community will be determined at orientation.
Connections you may be placed in prior to June 1 include: common course cohorts in Architecture and Fine Arts, Honors Programs, Biology Scholars, Emerging Scholars, Texas Interdisciplinary Plan (TIP), Gateway Scholars, Discovery Scholars, University Fellows, Computer Science Pods and Women in Natural Sciences.
Explore additional academically-focused 360 Connections
- Core Curriculum Streams
- Dean of Students Scholars
- Equal Opportunity in Engineering Program (EOE)
- Freshman Research Initiative (also known as FRI)
- Signature Courses (small groups with the benefit of a peer mentor)
- Women in Engineering (WEP)
Explore leadership and personal development opportunities
There are many connections across campus that unite you with classmates who may have other academic disciplines, but share similar interests and experiences. Discover your connections in areas such as leadership, health and wellness, and student communities such as student government, sororities and fraternities and residence life.
- 360 Connections outside the Classroom
- Earn Your Orange
- Freshmen Leaders in Progress (FLIP)
- Healthy Horns Connections
- Leadership and Ethics Institute – Leadership Education and Progress (LEAP)
- Longhorn Legislative Aides – Student Government
- Recreational Sports First-year Connections
- Residence Hall Floor Communities
- Senate At-Large members – Senate of College Councils
- Sorority and Fraternity Life Connections
Connect with student organizations and campus events