A few details about the CAP offers CAP Information, 2015-2016
Some Texas residents not admitted to UT Austin as first-time freshmen receive offers to participate in the Coordinated Admission Program (CAP). CAP participants enroll in another UT System University during their freshman year and transfer to UT Austin after they successfully complete the CAP requirements.
Participating in CAP
If you receive an offer to participate in CAP, you will be able to access your CAP agreement and view the list of UT System universities available to you through MyStatus. Then on March 1 you will be able to submit your agreement.
CAP Agreement Submission Begins
March 1, 2015 (noon central time)
Participation Limits at UTSA
UTSA has set a limit on the number of CAP students it will enroll during 2015-2016. If you are eligible to and want to enroll in CAP at UTSA, you should submit your CAP agreement as soon as possible. UTSA will accept CAP agreements on a first-come-first-served basis and only until the limits are met.
CAP Offer Details
The following requirements are necessary for successful completion of CAP:
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester credit hours of transferable coursework from an approved list of courses offered by the UT System school that you choose to attend.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.2 on the coursework that you complete while enrolled at your selected UT System university.
- Enroll in and complete at least one mathematics course from the approved list of courses that is beyond Math 301 (College Algebra) during the fall 2015 or spring 2016 semester.
- Complete all college coursework during the fall 2015 and spring 2016 semesters.
- Submit a final official transcript to UT Austin by June 1, 2016, from the UT System university that you select to attend.
PARTICIPATING UT SYSTEM UNIVERSITIES
Even though you do not have to apply to your selected UT System school, there may be additional steps you have to take—such as registering for orientation, taking care of placement testing, and applying for on-campus housing or financial aid—to enroll in the university you select.
To find out more about the universities that participate in CAP and about additional enrollment requirements, visit the pages about the participating universities and the Enrollment Requirements page. Please read this information carefully.
You may also contact the designated representative at the participating CAP universities with questions about their enrollment process.
ONLINE CAP AGREEMENT
If you are offered CAP and you decide to participate, you will be required to submit the online CAP Agreement by the deadline specified by the university you select (May 1 for most universities; April 1 for UTSA). You will be able to submit your agreement beginning at noon on March 1, 2015. (Before March 1, you will be able to access the agreement to view the list of universities you are eligible to attend.)
- To view the universities available to you, access your CAP agreement through MyStatus.
- Because UTSA has set CAP enrollment limits for 2015-2016, you should plan to submit your agreement as soon as possible if you are interested in UTSA and it is one of the universities available to you.
Once we receive your completed online CAP agreement, we'll send you a confirmation email and send your information to the UT System university you select.
PREPARING TO ENROLL IN CAP AS A FRESHMAN
After you select a university and submit your CAP agreement, UT Austin will send your information to the university you plan to attend. At that point, you’ll need to review the online information about the participating CAP universities to begin to enroll.
COMPLETING THE REQUIREMENTS DURING YOUR FRESHMAN YEAR
To assure that you will be able to return to UT Austin after your freshman year, you will need to do two things:
- Complete the fall and spring semesters of your CAP year to earn the required 30 hours of coursework with at least a 3.2 GPA.
- Send your official university transcript to UT Austin by the June 1, 2016, deadline.
After we verify your completion of the CAP requirements, we’ll send you official confirmation about your admission to UT Austin along with information about what you need to do to enroll at UT Austin in Fall 2016.
STAYING IN TOUCH
During your freshman year, you should stay in touch with the CAP advisor on your campus. The advisor will help you select approved classes and will be able to answer any questions you might have during the year.
UT Austin will contact you by e-mail and by mail during your freshman year. Near the end of the fall semester, we’ll ask you to update your contact information and to tell us which major you’re interested in at UT Austin. We’ll contact you again in the spring (late April-early May) to touch base and remind you that you’ll need to send official transcripts of your work to us after you finish your freshman year. And finally, we’ll contact you with your final admission decision after we receive your final transcripts to confirm your successful completion of the requirements to return to UT Austin and to let you know what you should do next.
Additional CAP Resources
- Frequently asked questions for students participating in CAP during freshman year
- List of participating UT System universities and approved course listings
- Financial aid information for students participating in CAP
- Minimum enrollment requirements for UT System universities