The University of Texas at Austin 2013 Freshman Wait List
The Office of Admissions plans to invite about 400 students to join the freshman wait list for 2013.
- The Office of Admissions selects students to invite to join the wait list using the same holistic review process it uses to make admission decisions while also considering the needs of the university.
- Students who aren’t invited to join the wait list may not request to be added to the list.
- Students who join the wait list are not ranked. Decisions are made about which students to admit, and to which majors, as individual spots at the university open up.
The Office of Admissions makes decisions about the wait list as soon as space becomes available in the entering class. Hearing something as early as possible is obviously important to students and families trying to make decisions about next year. However, we must also allow time for students previously admitted to make their enrollment decisions. We'll notify students as soon as possible after decisions are made.
- Wait list decisions are not likely to be made until after May 1.
- We expect to make all decisions about the students on the wait list no later than Wednesday, May 15, 2013.
If you receive an invitation from the Office of Admissions to join the 2013 wait list, use your UT EID and password to log in to your MyStatus page to access the form to accept your invitation. The deadline for submitting the form is April 1, 2013.
Decisions about admitting students from the wait list will be made by the Office of Admissions considering the available spaces that open up in the entering class.
- We don’t know how many students will be admitted from the wait list.
- Some, all, or no wait-list students may be offered admission.
- If a student is admitted from the wait list, he or she will be notified through MyStatus and by mail about their admission decision, including the major the student is being offered admission to.