After Admission Housing Contract
The Division of Housing and Food Service sends out contracts in batches beginning in November for the upcoming fall semester. Contracts are sent based on housing application date order.
Students who have been admitted, applied for housing and satisfied their enrollment deposits are eligible for a contract offer.
The contract offers you space in on-campus housing, which includes the meal plan and ResNet.
Take the following steps to complete the housing contract:
- Log in to your My Housing page.
- Review your contract and the Terms & Conditions carefully. Your contract is personalized and includes details that apply to you as an individual. You may not submit a copy of a contract sent to another student. If you are not able to retrieve the contract on your MyHousing page, please contact the Division of Housing and Food Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accept your contract by the expiration date. If you are 18 or older, accept your housing contract by signing electronically online. If you are not yet 18 years old, print the contract. There will be a line for the student to sign as well as a box to be filled out by a contract guarantor. Return your contract by faxing a copy to 512-475-6532 or emailing a scanned copy to email@example.com.
- Pay your $300 advance payment by the contract expiration date; some students are eligible for a financial aid deferment.
When you log in to review your contract, you’ll also see the link to update your housing preferences. You can update your housing preferences on your My Housing Page at any time until July 1.
Not Yet 18? Complete the guarantor section
If you’re not yet 18 years old, be sure to have the person who is legally responsible for your contract (a parent, guardian or other person of legal authority) complete and sign the guarantor section of your contract. You still need to sign the student line before returning it.
Details about the Housing Contract
Terms & Conditions
The Terms & Conditions explain the legal obligations and conditions that you are agreeing to when you return your signed housing contract.
Read the Terms & Conditions fully to understand your housing contract fully.
Contract Offer = Space (not a specific room)
Your contract offers you space in on-campus housing—not a particular residence hall or a specific room. The Division of Housing and Food Service will work diligently to offer you the kind of space that you prefer based on your room preferences and your original housing application date. Be sure to indicate your preferences online by the July 1 deadline.
Your housing contract includes participation in the meal plan. The fall/spring contract includes $1,500 in Dine In Dollars and $300 in Bevo Bucks.
Contracts for Fall, Spring, and Summer
- If you’ve been admitted for the fall semester, the housing contract you sign is for both the fall and spring semesters. You are bound to your contract as long as you remain enrolled at The University of Texas at Austin and attend classes on campus.
- If you apply to begin your studies during the spring semester, your housing contract will be for the spring semester only.
- Summer housing contracts are for the summer session only.