Requirements and restrictions for McCombs School of Business
In addition to submitting a complete application for admission, transfer business applicants should review the following information regarding special application requirements and admission restrictions.
Admission to the McCombs School is based on criteria similar to but higher than those for admission to other programs at the University.
Summer/Fall Admission: Entering students in McCombs School of Business must begin their studies in a summer or a fall semester. Business majors are not available to students applying for admission to a spring semester.
Business Indicator Courses
To be considered for admission, transfer applicants to the McCombs School of Business must submit official transcripts showing the following four business indicator courses:
- Calculus I (Texas Common Course Numbers used by Texas community colleges: MATH 1325, 1425, 2313, 2413, 2417, or 2513)
- Calculus II (Math 2314, 2414, or 2419)
- Microeconomics (ECON 2302)
- Macroeconomics (ECON 2301)
Significant Amount of Coursework
- If you have 90 or more semester hours of completed coursework when applying for transfer admission, you will receive low priority in admission and are encouraged to consider other options.
- If you have already completed a significant amount of the coursework required for graduation, we encourage you to consider completing your degree at your current (or another) institution and then possibly pursuing an MBA or MPA degree at UT Austin.
Learn More about Business
Still not certain about your major choice? Learn more about the McCombs School of Business.