See for yourself Campus Visits for Transfers
Visiting the UT Austin campus is really the best way to know if it’s right for you.
We’d love to have you on campus for a day. If you’re interested in transferring to UT Austin from another college or university, you should plan to begin your day in the Undergraduate Admissions Center in John Hargis Hall (JHH).
Transfer Information Session and Campus Tour
The Undergraduate Admissions Center offers an information session and campus tour for prospective transfer students once a week, usually on Fridays.
Here’s what you’ll get when you register for a campus visit:
- Transfer information session: An admissions counselor provides details about UT Austin, including why we’re consistently ranked among the top universities and are a top destination for students from around the world.
- Walking tour of campus: Student-guided walking tours of campus for prospective students and families begin at the Undergraduate Admissions Center (John Hargis Hall). Given from the unique perspective of a current student, this is one of the best ways to get a feel for campus.
Additional sessions and tours with colleges, schools and departments on campus may be available. You’ll be able to register for additional sessions (if available) when you register for a visit.
Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes; tours begin at the Undergraduate Admissions Center and include about a mile of walking before ending up in the heart of campus near the Tower. If you or a member of your family requires special mobility assistance, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Center at 512-475-7439 before your campus visit.
Online Help or Assistance by Phone
If you’re looking for answers to specific questions that you can’t find information about online, you can submit your question through the Ask Admissions box at the bottom of each page of this website. If you don’t get the response you’re looking for, you’ll be able to submit a more specific question to the Office of Admissions by email.
You can also visit with an admissions counselor by phone by calling 512-475-7387.
Check out events and activities that may be taking place on campus during your visit:
- Admissions events: Each November, the Undergraduate Admissions Center presents Transfer to Texas—an event to provide information just for prospective transfer students.
- Self-guided tours: Use our Self-Guided Walking Tour of the UT Campus (PDF 1.63MB) to learn about campus on your own and at your own pace. Use our Diversity Tour (PDF 1MB) to learn about spots on campus that serve as a reminder of the campus’s dedication to academic and cultural diversity.
- Campus and student events: There's always something happening on campus, from annual events like Forty Acres Fest and Explore UT to Texas Revue and Party on the Plaza.
- Campus events calendar: Check out the university-wide Events Calendar to explore concerts, speeches and other programs and events that may be taking place on campus during your visit.
- Texas athletic events: Review the Texas Longhorns events calendar to find out if the Longhorns will be in action during your visit. (Some events may require advance ticket purchases.)
Special Mobility Assistance
Prospective students or members of their family who require special mobility assistance should contact the Undergraduate Admissions Center at 512-475-7439 after registering for a campus visit online. Please contact us as soon as possible after registering if you need assistance.