Campus tours, group visits, and more Visitor Center
University opening at 10 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 6
Due to inclement weather in Austin, the university will not open until 10 a.m. Visit the university's Emergency Information page for updates.
The Visitor Center at The University of Texas at Austin is an excellent starting point for many campus visitors. The center provides student-led campus tours at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on weekdays, group visits, maps and other services to help make your campus visit more memorable.
Are you a prospective student?
Students and families interested in learning about freshman or transfer admission should begin their visits in the Undergraduate Admissions Center in John Hargis Hall rather than the Visitor Center. Visit the Campus Visits page for details»
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - noon
The Visitor Center is closed on university holidays.
Location & Address
The Visitor Center is located on the 2nd Floor of Walter Webb Hall (see photo to the right) on the northwest corner of Guadalupe and 25th Street (see map below).
The University of Texas at Austin
405 W. 25th Street
Austin, TX 78705
Upcoming Visitor Center Closings
The Visitor Center will be closed on the following dates:
- Winter Break (Saturday, Dec. 21 - Wednesday, Jan. 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend (Saturday, Jan. 18 – Monday, Jan. 20)
Visitor Center Details
Campus tours depart from the Visitor Center on the 2nd Floor of Walter Webb Hall. Paid parking is available in the San Antonio Parking Garage; for more information, call the Visitor Center at 512-471-1000.
- Monday - Friday at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. (No 10 a.m. tour during May.)
- Saturday at 10 a.m.
Group Visits (Pre-K – 8th Grade)
The Visitor Center facilitates group visits (including an information session and campus tour) for students in grades Pre-K - 8. Learn more about scheduling a group visit on the Group Visits page.
Other Opportunities to See the Campus
Other opportunities exist for visiting and touring campus. Here are a few options:
- Self-guided tours: Use our Self-Guided Walking Tour of the UT Campus (PDF 1.63MB) to learn about campus on your own and at your own pace. Use our Diversity Tour (PDF 1MB) to learn about spots on campus that serve as a reminder of the campus’s dedication to academic and cultural diversity.
- Tower Observation Deck Tours
- Explore UT in March– “The Biggest Open House in Texas”
- Campus maps: Online map | Printable map (3.6 MB PDF)
- Find a hotel near the UT Campus (99K PDF)
- See 360-degree views of campus (Flash required)
- View the academic calendar to find out when classes are in session.