Your academic background Official Transcripts
Transcripts from All Colleges/Universities
To complete your application, you must submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities in which you have enrolled in coursework.
- To be official, each transcript must include the official seal of the college or university or a signature of a college or university official.
- Copies or faxes are considered unofficial.
We'll use your official transcripts to determine that you have the right amount of transferable coursework. In addition, once an applicant is admitted, individual academic areas review transcripts to see which courses may apply toward degree requirements.
Details about Transcripts
Which insititions? All institutions!
If you’ve enrolled in coursework from more than one college or university, submit official transcripts from each of the colleges/universities in which you enrolled by the application deadline. Submit official transcripts from:
- Colleges/universities through which you earned dual credit coursework while in high school.
- Colleges/universities through which you earned credit that was then transferred to another institution.
- Colleges/universities that awarded you credit through study abroad, especially if the study abroad program was handled through a third party institution (not your home college/university).
- Colleges/universities in which you enrolled in coursework but did not earn credit.
Work at your current institution
- Submit official transcripts showing any and all work that you have completed or will complete at your current college or university by the UT Austin application deadline, even if you are still enrolled in courses there.
- If you are enrolled in courses at the time of the deadline, submit an updated transcript from your current college or university as soon as your grades are posted for this additional coursework.
Deadlines for transcripts
- Official transcripts must arrive in the Office of Admissions by the application deadline (see below for exceptions).
- Updated transcripts for courses you’re enrolled in at the time of the deadline should be submitted as soon as possible after you complete the work.
- Updated transcripts must arrive no later than June 1 (for fall applicants) and January 4 (for spring applicants).
March 1 transfer coursework deadline for Architecture and Art/Art History applicants
Reporting all college coursework
Any applicant (including transfers and former students) who has undertaken coursework at another college or university may not disregard any part of his or her academic record. Applicants who fail to report all college coursework or who otherwise falsify any part of their application or the documents required to complete the application process are subject to disciplinary action (which may include expulsion and loss of credit).
You may submit your application while you continue to work on completing the remainder of your required coursework. Read the information about the Transferable Coursework Requirement for details.
Also review the Admission Factors section for details about how the information on your transcripts (your GPA and coursework) is used in making admissions decisions.